Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Niclas Persson <ni...@masystem.se> on 2003/10/05 16:44:00 UTC

XML declaration and encoding question

Hi!

Being new to both Xerces and DOM I have a couple of questions concerning
encoding and the XML declaration.

When I generate an XML document is there any way I can control if it will
begin with an XML declaration or not?

When I parse an XML-document without an XML declaration defining the
encoding is there a way to tell Xerces that it will be something different
than UTF-8?

For ISO Latin 1 (8859-1) I have seen the encoding to be 'iso-8859-1',
'ISO-8859-1' and 'ISO8859-1', which is the correct one for use with Xerxes?

I am using Xerces 2.1.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Niclas