Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paolo Santarsiero <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 17:37:04 UTC

Manage log files in a cluster

Hi, I have a cluster with many tomcat and I want to manage the log's files
on a centralized basis in order to collect, display, analyze and manage all
files of logs from a single client. Do you know a system that allows me to
do? Many thanks.

Re: Manage log files in a cluster

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Manage log files in a cluster

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Paolo Santarsiero [mailto:paolo.santarsiero@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Manage log files in a cluster
>
> I saw lambdaprobe, but was abandoned and it doesn't support
> tomcat6.

LambdaProbe may not have had any enhancements lately, but it works fine on Tomcat 6.

 - Chuck

Re: Manage log files in a cluster

Posted by Paolo Santarsiero <pa...@gmail.com>.
I have a server cluster with two apaches2.2 and six tomcat6.0. So I have
apache, tomcat and webapps logs files. I want rotate files that don't
automatically rotate (and for this I saw logrotate under linux) and
automoatically send all files to a centralized log server. And this is one.
But I'd like to see all my logs files in cluster in a centralized  client
like browser, because it takes too long to access all log files. I saw
lambdaprobe, but was abandoned and it doesn't support tomcat6.
Thanks for the answers

Posted by Jorge Medina <ce...@gmail.com>.
Look at Hadoop Chukwa

Posted by Paolo Santarsiero <pa...@gmail.com>.