Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by F Da Costa Gomez <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/08 20:40:40 UTC

Using applets in Tapestry

Hi,

Does anybody has an explanation/ example as to how one would incorporate an
applet on a Tapestry page? Assuming it is possible.

Using the following in the .html gives me a class not found error.
<APPLET CODEBASE="applets" CODE="Simple.class" WIDTH=220 HEIGHT=150>
</APPLET>

TIA
Fermin DCG

Re: Using applets in Tapestry (slow progress)

Posted by F Da Costa Gomez <da...@gmail.com>.
Managed to start the applet (sort off) by moving the .class file to a
seperate directory in the context (basically on the same level as the
css & image files).

<APPLET codebase="applets" CODE="applets.Simple.class" ></applet>
This code basically seems to work. The codebase however is *not* part of
the classpath.

What i would really like is basically get it from the classpath (read
the same location from where i'm retrieving the Tapestry files).

Does anybody have any suggestion?

TIA
Fermin DCG

Posted by Marcus Brito <mb...@gmail.com>.
Try specifying an absolute codebase instead of a relative one. Also,
try turning on the java console and skim thru the output for hints on
why the browser can't find your classes. As Travis pointed before,
this has nothing to do with tapestry per se.

-- Marcus Brito

parameters used with externalLink : serializable

Posted by manuel martin <ma...@med.cornell.edu>.
Hi all,
I was trying to pass a block as a parameter to the exteranlLink, this block
being aimed at being rendered in the page the externalLing is pointing to.
I get the error message :

"Could not find an adaptor for class org.apache.tapestry.components.Block"
Stack trace :
#org.apache.tapestry.util.AdaptorRegistry.searchForAdaptor(AdaptorRegistry.j
ava:263)
#org.apache.tapestry.util.AdaptorRegistry.getAdaptor(AdaptorRegistry.java:15
2)
#org.apache.tapestry.util.io.DataSqueezer.squeeze(DataSqueezer.java:170)
#org.apache.tapestry.util.io.DataSqueezer.squeeze(DataSqueezer.java:192)
#org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractService.constructLink(AbstractService.ja
va:72)

I conclude (maybe am I wrong on this point) that it comes from the fact that
the Block class is not serializable, and that anything passed in the
parameters list has to be so.
If my conclusions are true, was is the smartest way to turn around this?

Thank you in advance,             Manuel

Re: Using applets in Tapestry

Posted by F Da Costa Gomez <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Travis Romney <tr...@inpowered.com>.