Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/22 13:58:22 UTC

having a fixed maven repo for pre-releases

Dear all,

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a fixed place where maven
artifacts are deployed when a  release vote is called. E.g. current
1.4.15 voting  is pointing to:

Maven repo: http://people.apache.org/~jrthomerson/wicket-1.4.15/m2-repo

and probably next will be

Maven repo: http://people.apache.org/~jrthomerson/wicket-1.4.16/m2-repo

or maybe

Maven repo: http://people.apache.org/~xxx/wicket-1.4.16/m2-repo

If developer xxx is creating the release.

Would it make sense to have to have a unique repo hosted somewhere so
that in order to test a new version we only need to bump the version
number in order to test a new pre-release?  E.g. at work we are using
artifactory and it would be nice to have a unique URL for every new
pre-release.

Regards,

Ernesto

Re: having a fixed maven repo for pre-releases

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Isn't it possible to use the same Wicket's SVN for that? That is
create a repo under SVN and do store the pre-releases there? Or maybe
use an external google code project only for that?

IMHO having this could help a bit people trying to test new releases.

Regards,

Ernesto

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,