Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@theunderground.net on 2005/12/23 04:08:42 UTC

Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet

All,

Has anyone been able to actually use the Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet?
 Whenever I try adding it to a page, a collapsed little box shows up.  I
can tell there's something in there, but can't figure out what it is as
some odd glitch causes it to be about a millimeter tall.  Can anybody view
this portlet in fullsize or shed some light on what it's used for?

Sorry if I missed a previous thread with this info -- but I did some
searching and couldn't find anything.

Re: Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy,

I could be wrong, but I think this is something entirely different than
what you are explaining.

Its a work-in-progress (the ajax customizer). I hope to have a lot more
functionality in by first week of January. Check back then. In the
meantime, for a very basic preview, try:

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portlet/customizer.psml?entity=customizer-2.1&portlet=j2-admin::CustomizerPortlet

note that you must first login as admin

Randy Watler wrote:
> jetspeed,
>
> This portlet allows the admin user to view the PSML folder/page
> hierarchy and create new folders and pages. Please give it a try in the
> release copy of J2. It may be that it is having problems viewing the
> PSML hierarchy for some reason... I have to wonder if it is having a
> problem finding the Page Manager service... this portlet probably
> requires the jetspeed-portlet.xml among other things.
>
> Randy
>
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 21:08 -0600, jetspeed@theunderground.net wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>Has anyone been able to actually use the Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet?
>> Whenever I try adding it to a page, a collapsed little box shows up.  I
>>can tell there's something in there, but can't figure out what it is as
>>some odd glitch causes it to be about a millimeter tall.  Can anybody view
>>this portlet in fullsize or shed some light on what it's used for?
>>
>>Sorry if I missed a previous thread with this info -- but I did some
>>searching and couldn't find anything.

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com