Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/12 07:18:25 UTC

Iceberg python library sync

Hi everyone,

Since early this year, we have started working on the iceberg python
library to bring it up to date and support the new V2 spec. Here is a
summary of the current feature plan
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Plt78Gbm22yoybKOShNFNaJyLM7xJAH20nu25PumeMI/edit?usp=sharing>.
We have a lot of interesting work to do.

To keep the community in sync, we plan to set up a recurring iceberg python
library sync meeting. Please let me know if you are interested in or have
any questions.

Thanks.

Jun

Re: Iceberg python library sync

Posted by Daniel Weeks <dw...@apache.org>.
Please add me to the invite as well.

-Dan

Posted by Ted Gooch <tg...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Please add me as well.

Posted by Eduard Tudenhoefner <ed...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Jack Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Murray <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io>.

--
Ryan Blue
Tabular

Re: Iceberg python library sync

Posted by Jason Reid <jr...@tabular.io>.

Posted by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Thanks for attending today's python sync meeting and here are meeting
notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oMKodaZJrOJjPfc8PDVAoTdl02eGQKHlhwuggiw7s9U/edit#heading=h.8sa2bi5d4lms.
Please feel free to add additional notes there.

Also, please join the iceberg-python-sync
<https://groups.google.com/search?q=iceberg-python-sync> list on Google
Groups to receive an invitation for the sync meeting.

Thanks.

Jun

Posted by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@gmail.com>.
Got it, thanks.

That is a particularly sad form of missing feature...

Posted by Daniel Weeks <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jun H." <ju...@gmail.com>.