Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de.INVALID> on 2024/01/24 16:50:08 UTC

Browsing Maven central buggy?

Hi,

browsing Maven Central using a webbrowser seems, well, a bit buggy:

In https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-bom/
for example I only see versions 2.x up to 2.22.0 and 3.0.0-alpha1
whereas 2.22.1 and 3.0.0-beta1 both exist; they are simply not visible.

The same happens for a few other GAV coordinates such as
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/tika-bom/3.0.0-BETA/ or
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/me/qoomon/maven-git-versioning-extension/9.7.0:
The directories exist, but one level above these versions are not shown.

Is this a known problem?

Thorsten

Re: Browsing Maven central buggy?

Posted by Maarten Mulders <mt...@apache.org>.
Alternatively, you could consider mcs [1] (Maven Central Search).

MCS lets you search on coordinates (exact or partial) or on class name.
It will print out the matching results from the Maven Central index as
offered by Sonatype. If you provide a Sonatype API access token, MCS can
also report on known security vulnerabilities.

It ships as a native executable for Windows, Linux and macOS. As such,
it doesn't require JBang (although making it available through JBang is
on the wishlist [2]).

Disclaimer: I'm the original author of MCS and as such, I might be biased...

Hope this helps,

Maarten

[1] https://github.com/mthmulders/mcs
[2] https://github.com/mthmulders/mcs/discussions/305

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
search.maven.org also has bugs often and sometimes misses releases in the
search index
also the new sonatype seams very slow and sluggish when trying to use and
often doesn't find things i would expect the previous search to find. i.e.
when using the fully qualified class search
in my view, we need to stop using central as a dumping group and have
something like linux, where it's index by java version or maven major/minor
version, so active projects republish, and dead ld dependencies can be
archieved, and if you need to mirror or proxy central it's a leaner
repository
John

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Sorry, I need to apologize, as the info I stated below is WRONG:
MIMA CLI uses Maven Indexer (Search API from
https://github.com/apache/maven-indexer) and it is Maven Indexer project
that is Java 11 since 7.x.

Sorry again,

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
MIMA as a library is Java 8, but CLI is Java11+ (picocli)

Thanks

Posted by Greg Chabala <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Or something like this:

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de.INVALID>.
Hi,

thanks for all your answers and pointers to valuable tools.

So far I'm using the versions plugin via command line to find out
whether there's something new, but from time to time I'd simply like to
use my browser to have a look into Maven central; mostly to just inspect
a dependency's POM and see what's (new?) inside... ;-)

Thorsten

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Howdy,