Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/11 09:48:05 UTC

[VOTE] The sixth HBase 2.2.0 release candidate (RC6) is available

Please vote on this release candidate (RC) for Apache HBase 2.2.0.
This is the first release of the branch-2.2 line.

RC6 is almost same with RC5. The biggest change is the release note, which
added the release note of HBASE-21970 about how to upgrade 2.0 or 2.1
cluster to 2.2+. So this VOTE will only open 24 hours.

[] +1
[] +0/-0
[] -1 Do not release this package because ...

The tag to be voted on is 2.2.0RC6. The release files, including
signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC6/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1324

Signatures used for HBase RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.0 can be found in included
CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC6/CHANGES.md
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC6/RELEASENOTES.md

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.0RC6/api_compare_2.2.0RC6_to_2.1.5.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Guanghao Zhang

Re: [VOTE] The sixth HBase 2.2.0 release candidate (RC6) is available

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
+1(non-binding)

Vote script results:
* Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_212): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_212): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_212): failed
         - mvn test -P runAllTests
Basic tests (Put/Delete,Create,Scan,Get, Truncate): ok
LTT write with 1M keys: ok

Failed test was TestStochasticLoadBalancerRegionReplicaSameHosts, but it
seems flaky. Ran it individually, and it passed:

[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Running
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.balancer.TestStochasticLoadBalancerRegionReplicaSameHosts
[INFO] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
92.491 s - in
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.balancer.TestStochasticLoadBalancerRegionReplicaSameHosts
[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[INFO] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
OK...

Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> 于2019年6月11日周二 下午6:07写道:

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
@Zach, Thanks for your vote, too.

Zach York <zy...@gmail.com> 于2019年6月13日周四 上午8:28写道:

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.
+1

      * Signature: ok
          * Checksum : ok
          * Rat check (1.8.0_92): ok
           - mvn clean apache-rat:check
          * Built from source (1.8.0_92): ok

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
With four binding +1s including my own, two non-binding +1s, and no 0 or -1
votes, this vote passes.

And there are some flaky unit tests which need time to fix. Because some of
them are hard to reproduce.

Thank you to all who voted on the release candidate!

Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com> 于2019年6月13日周四 上午5:33写道:

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

[...]

23.819 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.TestSecureRESTServer

Posted by "Tak-Lon (Stephen) Wu" <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)