Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au> on 2006/10/12 15:02:42 UTC

Win32 server register_cleanup failures.

On 12/10/2006, at 10:47 PM, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

> I've ran the unit test successfully except for the two known
> failures related to server.register_cleanup and
> apache.register_cleanup, so those binaries can be officially released.

Can you remind me what Apache actually does on Win32 for those cases?
Does it actually crash Apache, or does it hang in some way and it
decides
to forcibly kill itself.

I vaguely remember you trying to build Apache in debug mode to track it
down which is when you hit the problem of whether how we use the
threading API was correct or not.

I had actually closed off the issue related to register_cleanup()
issues as
as far as I could tell, was working on UNIX. I forgot about the Win32
issues
though. :-(

Graham

Re: Win32 server register_cleanup failures.

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@lehuen.com>.
It crashes the Apache 2.2 process, and works correctly with Apache 2.0.

If I get some time soon (not very probable) I'll try again building a full
debug version of Python + Apache 2.2 + mod_python 3.2.10 in order to track
down where the bug appears.

Regards,
Nicolas