Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 18:24:40 UTC

XQuery on JCR

Hello Jukka!

  I have released the first version of JcrDocumentWrapper, that allow to run XQuery 1.0 on top of the any JCR repository.

  Project home: http://code.google.com/p/saxon-extensions
  JcrDocumentWraper wiki: http://code.google.com/p/saxon-extensions/wiki/JcrDocumentWraper

--
Ivan Latysh
IvanLatysh@gmail.com

Re: XQuery on JCR

Posted by Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com>.
Alessandro Bologna wrote:

> looks very interesting. Can't wait to try, it does certainly give a great
> benefit to be able to use full XQuery. I am curious to see how you
> implemented the navigation. Are you taking any advantage of the lucene
> indexes, or just walking the tree?
Driver uses JCR API only, so no optimization.

Also, as it stated on FAQ page, not all exes are implemented, so some queries will fall.
To complete, I need to finish a List wrapper for NodeIterator, to be able to move the cursor both ways.

--
Ivan Latysh
IvanLatysh@gmail.com

Re: XQuery on JCR

Posted by Alessandro Bologna <al...@gmail.com>.
Ivan,

looks very interesting. Can't wait to try, it does certainly give a great
benefit to be able to use full XQuery. I am curious to see how you
implemented the navigation. Are you taking any advantage of the lucene
indexes, or just walking the tree?

Alessandro

Re: XQuery on JCR

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Are you set on using LGPL as the license? I'd love to bundle your work
>> as an extra JCR query language in Jackrabbit, but Apache policies [1]
>> prevent us from using LGPL dependencies.
>
> I didn't give it a thought yet.
> I see that Saxon released under "Mozilla Public License 1.0 (MPL)" and since
> my code is based on it, I think I should adhere to it.

MPL 1.0 would be better for us.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: XQuery on JCR

Posted by Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com>.

Re: XQuery on JCR

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have released the first version of JcrDocumentWrapper, that allow to run
> XQuery 1.0 on top of the any JCR repository.

Great stuff, thanks for following up and sharing the code!

Are you set on using LGPL as the license? I'd love to bundle your work
as an extra JCR query language in Jackrabbit, but Apache policies [1]
prevent us from using LGPL dependencies.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting