Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bi...@tcs.com on 2004/06/08 20:38:26 UTC

wahtd does it means ? envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");

can any onetell me what  does  "java:comp/env" mean in following ???

 envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");

Birendar Singh Waldiya
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

[OT] RE: wahtd does it means ? envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
This is not really a Struts question and as such the subject should be
prepended with [OT].

That being said, that particular line of code is retrieving the /env
context.

The javadocs are pretty good at explaining what a Context is and how it is
used.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/naming/Context.html

robert