Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barry O'Donovan <ba...@eircom.net> on 2003/04/14 17:21:55 UTC

MBeanServer is not available

Folks,

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked and answered, but in
 my defense, I have searched the archives and found nothing appropriate.

Everytime I try to run the admin app (log in and get the main page, select an
option), I get a "javax.servlet.UnavailableException: MBeanServer is not
available" error in the admin apps log file.

The two required listeners (I believe) are in the server.xml file:

  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
            debug="0"/>

  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"
            debug="0"/>

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,
Barry O'Donovan

Barry O'Donovan  -  barry@ihl.ucd.ie  -  www.ihl.ucd.ie

Roinn na Ríomheolaíochta, An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath, Éire.
Department of Computer Science, University College Dublin, Ireland.