Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Angel Valero <an...@yahoo.es> on 2005/11/10 19:11:06 UTC

How to use Custom Type Handler?

Hi again. Now I'm trying to use a Custom Type Handler
in order to permit null strings with the Ms Oracle
client. I have created the custom type handler and in
the sqlMap.config I've added this:

	<alias>
	 <typeAlias
	     alias="stringNull"

type="Cuestionarios.Persistencia.TypeHandlers.MsOracleVarcharTypeHandlerCallback,
Cuestionarios.Persistencia"/>
     </alias>

	<typeHandlers>
		<typeHandler type="string" dbType="Varchar"
callback="stringNull"/>
	</typeHandlers>

I'm trying with one map file in wich I've got this:

<resultMaps>
  <resultMap id="PreguntaExamenResult"
class="PreguntaExamen">
    ..
    <result property="COMENTARIOS"
column="COMENTARIOS" type="string" dbType="Varchar"/>
    ..
  </resultMap>
</resultMaps>

<update id="ActualizarPeguntaExamen"
parameterClass="PreguntaExamen">
 update CUE_PREGUNTAS_EXAMEN
    set ...
              COMENTARIOS     =
#COMENTARIOS,type=string,dbType=Varchar#    ,
        where ID_PREGUNTA_EXAMEN =
#ID_PREGUNTA_EXAMEN#
</update>

Also I've got a breakpoint on each method of my custom
type handler. And when I try to perform the update
sentence with an empty value for the field
COMENTARIOS, I still having errors and no one of the
breakpoints are working.

Any ideas?... um.. sorry for my poor English.

Thanks in advance.

Angel

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es

Re: How to use Custom Type Handler?

Posted by Angel Valero <an...@yahoo.es>.
Cool! Thanks ;)

 --- Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com> escribió:

> It's a bug.
> I have opened a JIRA ticket. Now it's fixed.
> Solution is in SVN
>
>  On 11/11/05, Angel Valero <an...@yahoo.es>
> wrote:
> >
> > I've already tried with:

#COMENTARIOS,type=String,dbType=VarChar,handler=stringNull#

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
It's a bug.

Posted by Angel Valero <an...@yahoo.es>.
I've already tried with: