Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Maurizio Fuschetto <ma...@miluma.it> on 2007/01/03 15:38:48 UTC

Newbie - problem with outgoing mail (550 relay denied)

Hello - I downloaded, configured and ran James but I had difficulties in
setting some functions so I want to ask if James is intended for my
purposes.

In our small company we have 5 mail users.

We already have 5 mail accounts on an internet mail server - so I configured
fetchmail to fetch mail from the internet mail server.

All of the 5 internal user can exchange mail with each other.

The problem is with outgoing mail (more precisely, mail going out of our own
domain).

After the "RCPT TO" all we get is "550 - Requested action not taken:
relaying denied" and I can't figure out how to fix this.