Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Khalil Mejdi <kh...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/26 11:05:56 UTC

Using PostgreSQL as JDBC Data Source

Greeting people!
I was using MySQL as a datasource, but now I need to switch to PostgreSQL,
And so after configuring the environment for the migration I had some
difficulties on Kylin,
I couldn't know where is the problem cause the configurations i did seem to
be all right, I've edited *kylin.properties* and *hive-site.xml* and
configured *Sqoop* for PostgreSQL, I tried to import the datasource from
the KylinUI and then this error came out.

[image: Screenshot from 2019-07-26 11-38-36.png]

I am using *PostgreSQL 10.9*

*kylin.properties*

> #### JDBC Data Source
>

> kylin.query.pushdown.runner-class-name=org.apache.kylin.query.pushdown.PushdownRunnerSDKImpl
> kylin.source.default=16
>
> kylin.source.jdbc.connection-url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5423/datawarehouse
> kylin.source.jdbc.driver=org.postgresql.Driver
> kylin.source.jdbc.dialect=postgresql
> kylin.source.jdbc.user=user
> kylin.source.jdbc.pass=pass
> kylin.source.jdbc.sqoop-home=/opt/sqoop-1.4.7.bin__hadoop-2.6.0
> kylin.source.jdbc.filed-delimiter=|
> kylin.source.jdbc.sqoop-mapper-num=4

*hive-site.xml *

>   <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
>     <value>org.postgresql.Driver</value>
>     <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
>   </property>

> <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
>     <value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/metastore</value>
>     <description></description>
>  </property>

>   <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
>     <value>user</value>
>     <description>Username to use against metastore database</description>
>   </property>
>

>   <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
>     <value>pass</value>
>     <description>password to use against metastore database</description>

  </property>

Do you guys have any ideas ?
and thanks in advance

Re: Using PostgreSQL as JDBC Data Source

Posted by Xiaoxiang Yu <xi...@icloud.com>.
Hi friend,

    PostgreSQL as datasource is currently under development by weibin, you may check this https://github.com/apache/kylin/pull/747, I guess it will be available in next release.

> 在 2019年7月26日,19:05,Khalil Mejdi <kh...@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> Greeting people!
> I was using MySQL as a datasource, but now I need to switch to PostgreSQL, And so after configuring the environment for the migration I had some difficulties on Kylin,
> I couldn't know where is the problem cause the configurations i did seem to be all right, I've edited kylin.properties and hive-site.xml and configured Sqoop for PostgreSQL, I tried to import the datasource from the KylinUI and then this error came out.
>
> <Screenshot from 2019-07-26 11-38-36.png>
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 10.9
>
> kylin.properties
> #### JDBC Data Source
>
> kylin.query.pushdown.runner-class-name=org.apache.kylin.query.pushdown.PushdownRunnerSDKImpl
> kylin.source.default=16
> kylin.source.jdbc.connection-url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5423/datawarehouse
> kylin.source.jdbc.driver=org.postgresql.Driver
> kylin.source.jdbc.dialect=postgresql
> kylin.source.jdbc.user=user
> kylin.source.jdbc.pass=pass
> kylin.source.jdbc.sqoop-home=/opt/sqoop-1.4.7.bin__hadoop-2.6.0
> kylin.source.jdbc.filed-delimiter=|
> kylin.source.jdbc.sqoop-mapper-num=4
>
> hive-site.xml
>   <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
>     <value>org.postgresql.Driver</value>
>     <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
>   </property>
>
> <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
>     <value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/metastore</value>
>     <description></description>
>  </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
>     <value>user</value>
>     <description>Username to use against metastore database</description>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
>     <value>pass</value>
>     <description>password to use against metastore database</description>
>   </property>
>
> Do you guys have any ideas ?
> and thanks in advance

Xiaoxiang Yu