Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jonathan Carlson <jc...@is.com> on 2000/11/01 15:35:41 UTC

subject line

Where is the appropriate place to request that all ant messages have an
[ant-user] prefix in the subject line?  It is *very* *very* annoying to me
that I cannot easily distinguish ant-user mailing list messages from my
personal messages.  I have ignored or deleted messages that were important
to me because I thought they were ant messages that I couldn't read at the
time.

Anyone know who to contact?  Thanks!  :-)

Jonathan

Jonathan Carlson,  Software Developer
jcarlson@is.com

Such ever was loves way: to rise, it stoops.
     - Robert Browning

Re: subject line

Posted by Jan Castermans <ja...@beta9.be>.
> Where is the appropriate place to request that all ant messages have an
> [ant-user] prefix in the subject line?  It is *very* *very* annoying to me
> that I cannot easily distinguish ant-user mailing list messages from my
> personal messages.  I have ignored or deleted messages that were important
> to me because I thought they were ant messages that I couldn't read at the
> time.
>
> Anyone know who to contact?  Thanks!  :-)
>
> Jonathan
>
> Jonathan Carlson,  Software Developer
> jcarlson@is.com
>
> Such ever was loves way: to rise, it stoops.
>      - Robert Browning
Just define a filter on the to:/cc: fields.
This is always "ant-user@jakarta.apache.org".

RE: subject line

Posted by Dan MacKay <da...@kingston.hummingbird.com>.
Hi Johnathan,

The simple solution it to filter all traffic coming from ant-user to it's
own folder, perhaps named...Ant.

DAn