Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by John S <bu...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/01 14:03:28 UTC

Launch Hadoop CLuster Using Whirr within EC2 VPC

Hi All,

I was trying to launch hadoop cluster on Ec2 within a VPC subnet . Tried
with whir-0.8.2 ,checked options in jclouds, but am unable to start a
instance in VPC .

Please let me know if this is possible and any docs available on the same .

Regards
John

Re: Launch Hadoop CLuster Using Whirr within EC2 VPC

Posted by Samarth Gupta <sa...@gmail.com>.
not sure if this answers the question or is the right way but worked for me

we had a use case to launch instance on private subnetid in our company.

I couldn't find any reference in whirr to do the same, so we made few code
changes in whirr core and added "subnetid" as a property in "cluster spec"
class file.  Then able to launch instance in private subnet successfully.

Below is the api call  we added in BootstrapTemplate.java

"template.getOptions().as(AWSEC2TemplateOptions.class)
                    .subnetId(spec.getAwsEc2SubnetID());"

Posted by John S <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shane,

Posted by Werner Buck <em...@wernerbuck.nl>.