Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Michael Mason <mg...@decisionsoft.com> on 2000/02/02 18:54:54 UTC

Xerces-C and Borland

We've been trying to use Xerces-C 1.0.1 with Borland C++ Builder 4, and
have run into a problem with xerces-c_1.0.lib included in the
pre-compiled Win32 distribution.

The Borland linker reckons it's not in OMF format, and suggests using
the coff2omf utility to convert it. Unfortunately coff2omf reports that
it's not a valid coff file either.

We've also had to play with the Borland-specific header file to get it
working -- there's a missed off close quote (right at the end of the
file) and it's not typedef'ing XMLUInt16 or XMLUInt32 (we've copied the
declarations from the VCPP header instead).

Had anyone had any luck with Borland?

Cheers,
Mike.

--
Mike Mason, Software Engineer
XML Script Development Team                    Office: 44-1865-203192