Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wayne W <wa...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/19 16:51:38 UTC

Does wicket instantiate a page even if the session has expired?

We have lots of really odd exceptions in our logs in production where
essentially the session is empty but pages are still being created.

Does wicket do this? and if so how do we handle the situation knowing that
data in the session is needed to build the page

thanks

Re: Does wicket instantiate a page even if the session has expired?

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
bots running over your pages?

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: Does wicket instantiate a page even if the session has expired?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, Wicket instantiates pages even when there is no bound session.
Many applications need to run in stateless mode.

Usually the applications use IAuthenticationStrategy to decide whether to
allow the instantiation of a page (by type). The most common check is "if
there is a session => allow, otherwise redirect to the login page".
The login page should be instantiatable even when there is no session.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov