Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/17 17:07:35 UTC

templates being deleted after download

In writing some full buildout tests I'm running into some intermittent
issues.  If I register a template after zone is created, but before
secondary storage vm starts, the template is pretty much guaranteed to
be deleted.  If I watch for the SSVM to come up, and its agent to
start, then there's maybe a 50% chance that the template will be
deleted, even if it successfully downloads. The odds may go down if I
wait awhile after the SSVM comes up.

I noticed this ticket, but it talks about template from snapshot. I'm
not sure if it's the same, but the root cause may be. I notice there's
no fix release set. If it only ever happens when the zone is first
being created, then it's not such a big deal, but if it happens
whenever the SSVM is stopped or just started (or randomly as the issue
implies), then it should be a blocker. If any template I register will
get successfully downloaded and then deleted if my SSVM ever happens
to be down, that's not good.

Re: templates being deleted after download

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, i considered that as well. It seems that if there's an SSVM
starting it should try to wait for that, or perhaps there should be a
configuration option to choose between LocalEndpoint or SSVM.

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.