Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Peter Reid <Pe...@telecom.co.nz> on 2004/01/04 20:37:35 UTC

Web Services Question

Hi,

I recently downloaded version 1.9.1 and I am trying to get the "WebService(SOAP) Request (Alpha Code)" Sampler to work.

I am having difficulty and would appreciate if someone could help.

I added the sampler to my test and have set the WSDL to http://www.nanonull.com/TimeService/TimeService.asmx?WSDL and clicked the Load WSDL button.
The Web Methods are loaded OK

I select a message and click on Configure.
This sets values for URL and Soap/XML-RPC Data

I have also checked Read Soap Response.

I have added "View Results Tree" and "Graph Results" listeners to my test.

When I run the test the "Graph results" indicates a test ran however responses in the "View Results Tree" are null.

The documentation on the Help and on the Web Site does not seem to match this version

I can run these Soap Requests from XML Spy OK

Am I missing something?

"This communication, including any attachments, is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read
it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not
copy or use any part of this communication or disclose
anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this
communication does not designate an information system for
 the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002."

Re: More information on "13.2.9 If Controller "

Posted by Sebastian Bazley <Se...@london.sema.slb.com>.
I've not used it in earnest and I don't know JavaScript, but as far as I know, JavaScript can only access Javascript variables - it
has no access to response data.

You should be able to include ${variables} in the script.
And you should be able get the html into a variable using (say) the Regular Expression Post-Processor.

It may be best to try this in stages:
- hard-code the expected HTML in the script
- set up a variable with the HTML and put the variable in the script
- use the RE PP to set up the variable.

The JavaTest Sampler is very useful for testing scripts, as it allows you to set up whatever you like in the responseData.
And you can use it to display the contents of variables - just put them in one of the fields, and add a Tree Listener.

S.

RE: Web Services Question

Posted by Shawn Elliott <sh...@gotocme.com>.
Thxs, just used the _bin and _lib zips...

I think Webservices needs JavaMail - download from java.sun.com

S.

Re: Web Services Question

Posted by Sebastian Bazley <Se...@london.sema.slb.com>.