Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Mark P Ashworth <in...@connext.co.za> on 2007/08/31 14:06:12 UTC

Import data from csv or excel

Good Day,

In SQL Server and H2, I am able to import data from Excel or CSV into the
table using SQL statements. I was wondering if Derby had a similar concept /
statements.

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth

Re: Import data from csv or excel

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Mark P Ashworth <in...@connext.co.za> writes:

> Good Day,
>
> In SQL Server and H2, I am able to import data from Excel or CSV into the
> table using SQL statements. I was wondering if Derby had a similar concept /
> statements.

Hi Mark,

Derby can import CSV files using SQL. You'll find the details in these
sections of the documentation:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/tools/ctoolsimport16245.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/ref/rrefimportdataproc.html

HTH,