Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Raffaello Giulietti <ra...@tinet.com> on 2000/01/24 12:16:48 UTC

tomcat and mod_ssl

Dear tomcat-dev,

I successfully installed and ran Tomcat 3.0 with Apache 1.3.9 + mod_ssl 2.4.10 on Solaris 7/SPARC.

However, even if the configuration runs wihtout crashes, as soon as I start Apache with SSL enabled, I get a warning that mod_jserv.so could crash because it has not been compiled with the -EAPI flag. This happens only with SSL enabled and does not happen when Apache is started without SSL.

Although the configuration works, I'm a little bit concerned about the warning and I would like to be sure that nothing bad as a crash happens.

In fact, I downloaded mod_jserv.so directly from the Jakarta site as a binary file. I built Tomcat according to the README file and simply copied the binary mod_jserv.so to the libexec file in the Apache directory as described in the Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO file.

Could you explain me how to compile mod_jserv.so with this -EAPI flag enabled, or could you substitute the binary mod_jserv.so on your site with a -EAPI compiled one?

Sorry, I'm not an expert hacker, I just follow the instructions given in the INSTALL and README files without understanding too much what I'm really doing.

Thanks in advance

Raffaello Giulietti