Posted to user@uima.apache.org by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/20 15:39:26 UTC

Re: UIMA C++ in a Mac

Hello!

Good news! I managed to build UIMA C++ in macOS Sierra.

I downloaded the UIMA C++ source code and followed the README. I had to
install all dependencies and GCC 5 using BREW.

The final configure command was like this:

CC=gcc-5 CXX=g++-5 ../configure
--with-jdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Headers
--with-apr=/usr/local/opt/apr --with-icu=/usr/local/opt/icu4c
--with-activemq=/usr/local/opt/activemq-cpp
--with-apr-util=/usr/local/opt/apr-util --without-activemq

I also had to change the base.mak, fixing the includes and libs.

Thank you,

William

Re: Jenkins build job for UIMACPP

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I asked (on the build mailing list, cc to this one) about how to build c++
things on jenkins with respect to building standard dependencies.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi,

I found this page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Jenkins

I started at www.apache.org/dev    <<< developer information
and then followed some links.

Posted by Roberto Carlos Toledano Gómez <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roberto Carlos Toledano Gómez <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hello Richard, about configurin test:

A solution could be , prepare the slave node with pre-installed requirement
(APR, XERCES-C, ICU, Active-MQ-Cpp, ..)  , because that never change until
developers decide migrate new versions of buid/test requirements as a part
of new improvement issue. With this avoid to build de requirements each
time.

--Regards

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
HI Richard

The tests should run.  Following the link to the Jenkins log in the email,
the failure per the log seems to be in test_primitivetypes.cpp line 313
which is a simple test that sets up a string array in the CAS, retrieves
these and compares to the original values.  le
Are you able to run the tests in a local build environment ?

Bhavani

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the tips.

Re: Inclusion of UIMA-C patches

Posted by Roberto Carlos Toledano Gómez <rc...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I build UIMA-CPP using ubuntu 14.04/16.04.

But, i like to ask, if from the jenkins job in build step, could do install
some requirements package ?, for example:

   >sudo apt-get install libxerces-c3-dev

Another think i like contribute but how my experimental patches certificate
with jenkins job in Apache and how i coud promote the change for official
UIMA-CPP branch?

Regards

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 1/11/2017 8:19 AM, Joern Kottmann wrote:
> +1 to apply the patches from William.
>
> Looks like we don't really have a maintainer anyway for this part of the
> project?
Could use some help :-).  Bhavani and Eddie have been doing this previously,
have done releases, and are still around, but busy (of course).
-Marshall

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1 to apply the patches from William.

Looks like we don't really have a maintainer anyway for this part of the
project?

Jörn

Posted by Roberto Carlos Toledano Gómez <rc...@gmail.com>.
Well, this culd be some steps:

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roberto Carlos Toledano Gómez <rc...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I have some experience in jenkins jobs with c++ projects. I use bash
scripts for that.How can I help you/us.

dbot

Inclusion of UIMA-C patches

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.