Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/29 08:58:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] remaining findbugs issues

Ladies and gentlemen,

As a result of hard work by a lot of people we 'only' have 143
findbugs warning left in our slowbuild run results for findbugs. I am
rather pleased with this and almost satisfied. For total euforia this
of course needs to be 0 (zero).
Even better news then the drop of over 200 warnings, is that we only
have *5 types* of warnings left.

BC_IMPOSSIBLE_CAST 1 # I am looking into this one by tracing the data
that is being cast. rather tedious work as the test run is more a
problem then the analysis but it will leed to something in the end.

DM_DEFAULT_ENCODING 123 # we have discussed this on and off list
extensively and I think the resolution is clear. Just work

EQ_CHECK_FOR_OPERAND_NOT_COMPATIBLE_WITH_THIS 5 # I made a PR to
discuss this issue in. I think it is mostly a matter of extensive
testing.

The last two are problems looking for analists/problem solvers.
FI_EXPLICIT_INVOCATION 1 # might be solved if we refactor our db
abstraction layer
ST_WRITE_TO_STATIC_FROM_INSTANCE_METHOD 13 # dunno yet

I feel strongly that we should focus on these issues. Are people
willing to put their time to their +1 on this?

regards,
--
Daan