Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gabor Nagypal <na...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/19 10:17:26 UTC

generic pager component

Hi Tapestry users,

I would like to develop a pager component which displays a list of
"complex items" pagewise (like the contrib:Table component does with
tables). Complex means that an item itself can be a complex piece of
HTML code which I would like to generate by defining another
component.
In my pager component I would iterate over the list of items with a
Foreach and could use something like
in the template of the pager, where DisplayItem is a component that
generates the HTML of an item.
But I would like to have a generic pager component where I can change
the type of items (i.e. the item component) dynamically. Presently I
have no idea, how to do it. Is there a way to pass the type of the
item component to my pager component, and refererence it from the
pager template?
Or, alternatively, is there already such a "generic pager" component
available for Tapestry?

Gabor