Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Mikael Pesonen <mi...@lingsoft.fi> on 2022/11/02 16:25:52 UTC

Compact does nothing

Should compact wok without additional configuration? This

curl -X POST http://localhost:3030/$/compact/ds

ran for maybe 30 minutes but didn't free any disk space. I have Jena
data size of 110Gb and deleted about half of data with sparql before
compact.

Re: Compact does nothing

Posted by Mikael Pesonen <mi...@lingsoft.fi>.
Ah, forgot that, thanks!

--
Lingsoft - 30 years of Leading Language Management

www.lingsoft.fi

Speech Applications - Language Management - Translation - Reader's and Writer's Tools - Text Tools - E-books and M-books

Mikael Pesonen
System Engineer

e-mail: mikael.pesonen@lingsoft.fi
Tel. +358 2 279 3300

Time zone: GMT+2

Helsinki Office
Eteläranta 10
FI-00130 Helsinki
FINLAND

Turku Office
Kauppiaskatu 5 A
FI-20100 Turku
FINLAND

Re: Compact does nothing

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 02/11/2022 16:58, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 02/11/2022 16:25, Mikael Pesonen wrote:
>>
>> Should compact wok without additional configuration? This
>>
>> curl -X POST http://localhost:3030/$/compact/ds
>>
>> ran for maybe 30 minutes but didn't free any disk space. I have Jena
>> data size of 110Gb and deleted about half of data with sparql before
>> compact.
>
> Compacts copies the in-use data from e.g. /ds/Data-0001 to /ds/Data-0002
>
> You can then delete Data-0001 or archive then delete it, or whatever you
> wish to do.
>
> The next Fuseki version has ?deleteOld=true to delete the files.

Misread the date - it's already there.

Re: Compact does nothing

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.