Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/04/05 17:44:04 UTC

Code quality

It's not a deterministic way, but I think we should exploit error.log on demo server to fix error instead waiting people to report them.

Jacques

Re: Code quality

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I suggest to have a look at http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw/index.html but I did not look into details yet. There are maybe
better solutions...

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Code quality

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Code quality

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Could we create another mailing list for these types of things that people - and hopefully all committers :) - would subscribe to?  Something like errors@ofbiz.apache.org?  I imagine that the errors will be less than helpful without the steps that caused it - but it could be a start?  I'm not opposed to just making the previous days log file available to people who want to scan it as well.

I've also got a thread going with Contegix about this very thing at the moment talking about other helpful ways of looking at logs - will loop you in David.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert