Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simon Taylor <se...@nortel.com> on 2007/11/08 13:16:35 UTC

Ant Script

So thanks to the users of this list ive now gotten up the learning curve
of:-

Creating maven projects
Converting existing java project to maven
Integrating with Subversion
Creating a maven repository
Releasing via maven-release-plugin from Subversion into the Maven
Repository

So thanks very much for that - its been an education

I'm coming from a non-java background so the next question is quite
newbie I feel.

Now I have my artifact in the maven repisitory whats the best way for
getting it to the server it needs to be used on.
I asked this a similar question to this a few days ago and someone
mentioned an Ant script - I can see there are Maven tasks for Ant - but
not having used it before the example
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/ant-tasks/trunk/sample.build.xml)
seems more complex than I need.

Does someone have a simple example of using an Ant script to pull from a
Maven repository?
Or can someone recommend other approaches for moving released artifacts
from a Maven repository to target UAT,Staging,Production servers.

Thanks once again for your help.

Simon

Simon Taylor
Service Tools Solutions (STS) Engineer