Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/15 09:39:29 UTC

stop a long running query

Hi,

I have long running query which I would like to stop .
But the issue the query I ran is through Tableau Custome SQL interface.
In tableau *web console ->Profile ->Running queries *
When I click on the user running the query I could see the below error
message:

> {
> "errorMessage" : "VALIDATION ERROR: No profile with given query id
> '266d4501-69de-ad6d-a805-729c4ddefaea' exists. Please verify the query
> id.\n\n\n[Error Id: 5962944f-a518-40a7-8b74-d65202ceb80e ]"
> }

Appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Divya

RE: stop a long running query

Posted by Kunal Khatua <kk...@mapr.com>.
Are you attempting to cancel the query through the Drill WebUI or some web interface for Tableau?

Is there no option within Tableau to cancel a query? Drill supports query cancellation in Drill, so you should be able to a trigger cancellation that way.

To cancel a query which was launched by some other client through the Drill UI, you can go to the query's profile in the UI and click on the 'Edit Query' tab, to cancel the query.

Alternatatively, you can use REST APIs (which are basically web-links) to trigger the cancellation. For this, you need to know the query ID.

As an example, if you submitted a query to DrillbitA via Tableau , you can use the REST API and access the following link to trigger the cancellation:

http://drillbitA.cluster.com:8047/profiles/cancel/<queryId>?

For this to work, however, you need to know what the query ID is.

I have long running query which I would like to stop .
But the issue the query I ran is through Tableau Custome SQL interface.
In tableau *web console ->Profile ->Running queries * When I click on the user running the query I could see the below error
message:

> {
> "errorMessage" : "VALIDATION ERROR: No profile with given query id
> '266d4501-69de-ad6d-a805-729c4ddefaea' exists. Please verify the query
> id.\n\n\n[Error Id: 5962944f-a518-40a7-8b74-d65202ceb80e ]"
> }

Appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Divya