Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chris Sereda <ch...@keen.ca> on 2002/10/12 01:10:15 UTC

JDBC and Attachments

Hey, I was wondering how James handles attachments when using James with JDBC.  Where do the attachments go and how do they related to the DB messages?

RE: JDBC and Attachments

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
James won't "read" your messages unless you write, or use, a mailet that performs this task (and James uses Java Mail for this purpose, particularly MimeMessage).
James takes the SMTP message and by and large only ever consults the headers, the content of the message, unless you do choose to manipulate it, is stored and manouvered as is.

There is no clear need, from a purely mail transport/storage POV, to divide a message up, only to re-create it when next it is required for transport.

d.

RE: JDBC and Attachments

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
They are part of the message body.