Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Krzysztof Janiszewski - ecenter sp. z o.o." <k....@ecenter.pl> on 2012/08/01 21:58:06 UTC

Deploy two instances from same ISO template

Hi.

I'm in process of testing CloudStack 3.0.2. Management is installed on
Ubuntu 10.04, host on Centos 6.2. Everything is installed successfully. I
can deploy instances from templates or ISO's.

I encountered a problem while trying to deploy two instances from one ISO
template at the same time. First deployment was correct. Debian installer is
running in instance. Then at the same time I tried to deploy second instance
from the same ISO Template, but this time deployment failed.

In /var/log/cloud/agent/agent.log there is line:

libvir: Storage error : operation failed: Storage source conflict with pool:
'f770c571-74eb-483d-bba8-f8305cb16d8e'

Am I trying to do impossible thing?

As primary storage I use SharedMountPoint (distributed file system MooseFS),
as secondary storage I use NFS.

Best regards

Krzysztof Janiszewski

RE: Deploy two instances from same ISO template

Posted by "Krzysztof Janiszewski - ecenter sp. z o.o." <k....@ecenter.pl>.
With CDROM it is correct, but this is virtual world ;) Why system should get
exclusive lock on file for read-only purposes?

But this problem is not with lock on iso's source file, but with libvirt,
which can't create two storage pools from the same source.

Best regards
Krzysztof Janiszewski

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.