Posted to users@camel.apache.org by stijnkoopal <st...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 10:23:22 UTC

Problem with JT400 DataQueue

Hi,

Currently we are upgrading our environment from Fuse 6.1 to Fuse 6.2. We are
using camel-jt400 to communicate to an IBM AS/400 mainframe.

Currently we are having trouble to read from a data queue on the AS/400, and
I think the problem is camel related.

In Fuse 6.1 we use camel-jt400-2.12.0-redhat-610379.
In Fuse 6.2 we use camel-jt400-2.15.1-redhat-621084.

The problem is that in Fuse 6.2 no DefaultScheduledPollConsumer is started
because the createConsumer method is overridden in the Jt400Endpoint (which
extends DefaultPollingEndpoint):

@Override
public Consumer createConsumer(Processor processor) throws Exception {
    if (Jt400Type.DTAQ == configuration.getType()) {
        return new Jt400DataQueueConsumer(this);
    } else {
        throw new OperationNotSupportedException();
    }
}

Because of this, the createConsumer from the DefaultPollingEndpoint is never
invoked, and hence no DefaultScheduledPollConsumer is created. The effect is
that no polling takes place on the AS/400 queue.

In Fuse 6.1 this method was not overridden (in class
Jt400DataQueueEndpoint), and therefore the createConsumer method from the
DefaultPollingEndpoint was invoked. Resulting in a
DefaultScheduledPollConsumer.

I think the fix is simple: invoking super.createConsumer(processor) from the
createConsumer method in Jt400Endpoint.

Can you please have a look at this, and tell me whether I am right. If so,
we have to make a workaround for now.

Re: Problem with JT400 DataQueue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
I logged a ticket about the missing call to configureConsumer

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You should ask the vendor of JBoss Fuse, eg Red Hat.
> You can get in touch with them using the customer portal, and log a ticket.
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 12:23 PM, stijnkoopal <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently we are upgrading our environment from Fuse 6.1 to Fuse 6.2. We are
>> using camel-jt400 to communicate to an IBM AS/400 mainframe.
>>
>> Currently we are having trouble to read from a data queue on the AS/400, and
>> I think the problem is camel related.
>>
>> In Fuse 6.1 we use camel-jt400-2.12.0-redhat-610379.
>> In Fuse 6.2 we use camel-jt400-2.15.1-redhat-621084.
>>
>> The problem is that in Fuse 6.2 no DefaultScheduledPollConsumer is started
>> because the createConsumer method is overridden in the Jt400Endpoint (which
>> extends DefaultPollingEndpoint):
>>
>> @Override
>> public Consumer createConsumer(Processor processor) throws Exception {
>>     if (Jt400Type.DTAQ == configuration.getType()) {
>>         return new Jt400DataQueueConsumer(this);
>>     } else {
>>         throw new OperationNotSupportedException();
>>     }
>> }
>>
>> Because of this, the createConsumer from the DefaultPollingEndpoint is never
>> invoked, and hence no DefaultScheduledPollConsumer is created. The effect is
>> that no polling takes place on the AS/400 queue.
>>
>> In Fuse 6.1 this method was not overridden (in class
>> Jt400DataQueueEndpoint), and therefore the createConsumer method from the
>> DefaultPollingEndpoint was invoked. Resulting in a
>> DefaultScheduledPollConsumer.
>>
>> I think the fix is simple: invoking super.createConsumer(processor) from the
>> createConsumer method in Jt400Endpoint.
>>
>> Can you please have a look at this, and tell me whether I am right. If so,
>> we have to make a workaround for now.
>>

>> --

> Claus Ibsen
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus