Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Martin Mielke (THALES)" <mm...@firstdataiberica.com> on 2003/04/10 18:01:57 UTC

symbol __RTTI__1nQDOM_DOMException_: referenced symbol not found

Dear all,

our Development team is using Xalan, Xerces and C++ on Solaris 8 SPARC.

'myapplication' has been compiled on a single-processor SunBlade2000 and it
works fine. Problems arise when trying to execute it on a dual-processor
SunBlade2000.

We recently got surprised by the following error message:
---
ld.so.1: ./myapplication: fatal: relocation error: file
/absolute/path/to/lib/libxalan-c1_3.so: symbol __RTTI__1nQDOM_DOMException_:
referenced symbol not found
---

Doing a 'ldd myapplicacion' reports that libxalan-c1_3.so can be found under
/absolute/path/to/lib, as defined on LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Is there anything we are missing? Maybe I'm overseeing something obvious...

Thank you in advance!

Martin
--
Martin Mielke - martin.mielke@thales-is.com
THALES Information Systems - http://www.thales-is.com/

Re: symbol __RTTI__1nQDOM_DOMException_: referenced symbol not found

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

Hi Martin,

You should try compiling the libraries and your application on the
multiprocessor machine to see if that cures the problem.  This could be
many things, and without more specifics, it's difficult to say what might
be going wrong.  Some things to consider:

   1. The binaries distributed on the Apache web site were not built on
   Solaris 8.  They also were not built on multiprocessor machines.

   2. You might have different versions of the run-time libraries on the
   two machines.  Check the patch levels of the various OS components.

I don't have access to your specific hardware, so I can't try to reproduce
this.

Dave

                      "Martin Mielke
                      (THALES)"                   To:      <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      <mmielke@firstdatai         cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      berica.com>                 Subject: symbol __RTTI__1nQDOM_DOMException_: referenced symbol not
                                                  found
                      04/10/2003 09:01 AM
                      Please respond to
                      xalan-dev