Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Didier Dubois <di...@idbsoft.ch> on 2000/10/09 10:24:05 UTC

Sun JDK 1.3

hi all,

We are using Cocoon with Jetspeed 1.2b with Apache/Jserve.
Everything seems Ok since we installed the Last JDK 1.3 from sun.
When I try to accessa a documment I got the following error on the logs:

	Exception:  org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not
associate stylesheet to document:  error reading
file://home/httpd/html/products/freyakademy/resources/fr/xsl/screens/loginscreen.xsl:
java.net.UnknownHostException: home
	Stack Trace follows:
	org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
stylesheet to document:  error reading
file://home/httpd/html/products/freyakademy/resources/fr/xsl/screens/loginscreen.xsl:
java.net.UnknownHostException: home
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getStylesheet(XSLTProcessor.java:204)

And this one on the browser:

The reason for the error was:
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
stylesheet to document:  error reading
file://home/httpd/html/xsl/screens/loginscreen.xsl:
java.net.UnknownHostException: home

I tried to find a similar problem on the FAQs, and mailling archive but
didn't find anything.

The doccuement exists. But the froblem comes from the file:// url. This
does not work. Only file:/// is valid.

In http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/compatibility.html you will that the
java.net.url has been modified. It seems the problem comes from this
point.
We fixed our Apache configuration appending a '/' in httpd.conf

DocumentRoot "//home/httpd/html" # note the 2 '/'s

This is just a hack.

I would like to know if someone else has experienced the same problem.
And what is the correct fix?

Didier.

--
mailto:didier.dubois@idbsoft.ch	 http://www.idbsoft.ch

Re: Sun JDK 1.3

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Didier Dubois wrote:

> We are using Cocoon with Jetspeed 1.2b with Apache/Jserve.
> Everything seems Ok since we installed the Last JDK 1.3 from sun.
> When I try to accessa a documment I got the following error on the logs:
>
> 	Exception:  org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not
> associate stylesheet to document:  error reading
> file://home/httpd/html/products/freyakademy/resources/fr/xsl/screens/loginscreen.xsl:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: home
> 	Stack Trace follows:
> 	org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
> stylesheet to document:  error reading
> file://home/httpd/html/products/freyakademy/resources/fr/xsl/screens/loginscreen.xsl:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: home
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getStylesheet(XSLTProcessor.java:204)
>
> And this one on the browser:
>
> The reason for the error was:
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
> stylesheet to document:  error reading
> file://home/httpd/html/xsl/screens/loginscreen.xsl:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: home
>
> I tried to find a similar problem on the FAQs, and mailling archive but
> didn't find anything.
>

> The doccuement exists. But the froblem comes from the file:// url. This
> does not work. Only file:/// is valid.

what URI do you have in your xml-logicsheet PI or your cocoon.properties
file?

> In http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/compatibility.html you will that the
> java.net.url has been modified. It seems the problem comes from this
> point.
> We fixed our Apache configuration appending a '/' in httpd.conf
>
> DocumentRoot "//home/httpd/html" # note the 2 '/'s
>
> This is just a hack.

but a clever one!

- donald