Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2004/03/16 17:01:12 UTC

Xerces 2.2

	I'm using Xerces 2.2. I can't use newer (don't ask why). I have
found that:

DOMNode::getTextContent();

	returns an empty string (allways). Is this true? Is this known
bug?

Thank you,
Milan

RE: Xerces 2.2

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 08.38 17/03/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>         Thank you. Was there replacement for getTextContent()? What is
>the difference between getTextContent() and getNodeValue()? It seems
>that getNodeValue() also returns empty string. I would just like to
>retrive node text value.

HI Milan,
if you want to backport the code for getTextContent, take the 2 functions

const XMLCh*     DOMNodeImpl::getTextContent() const
const XMLCh*    DOMNodeImpl::getTextContent(XMLCh* pzBuffer, unsigned int&
rnBufferLength) const

from the xercesc/dom/impl/DOMNodeImpl.cpp file of Xerces 2.4 or 2.5 and add
them to your copy of Xerces

Hope this helps,
Alberto

RE: Xerces 2.2

Posted by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org>.
> You could navigate the DOM and get the text nodes.
Please, could you provide some very simple example or navigate me to
Xerces 2.2 doc example (DOMCount? DomPrint?) containing this peace of
code.

Thank you very much for your help,
Milan

RE: Xerces 2.2

Posted by Gareth Reakes <pa...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,
	no replacement, it just was not implemented at that stage. You
could navigate the DOM and get the text nodes. Check out the API docs of
Node for what getNodeValue returns. I suspect you are calling getNodeValue
on a DOM Element which is documented as returning null.

Gareth

RE: Xerces 2.2

Posted by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org>.

Re: Xerces 2.2