Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com> on 2016/03/08 02:32:29 UTC

embedded testing and classpath management

So, I had my stuff working in IntelliJ with runEmbedded(true).

Then I modified the pom of the itest project to include the CXF JAXRS
runtime, since I needed to launch a CXF service (mocking something) in
a test.

That was the end of running embedded, as I got class cast errors from
multiple copies of CXF in the classpath.

Since IntelliJ ignores the surefire config params for excluding
dependencies, I don't think that there's a solution from that angle.
Am I just out of luck? We lack a maven scope that means, 'really, just
at compile time. Not in the main runtime classpath, not in the test
runtime classpath."