Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Julien Lamure <ju...@nexjhealth.com> on 2020/12/18 22:21:06 UTC

Hello Cordova team

Hello everyone,

I'm senior DevOps engineer and team lead at NexJ Health, greetings from Toronto, Canada.

We're a provider of cloud-based population health management solutions and our platform can also be accessed from a Cordova-based mobile app available for Android and iOS.
I've been recently working on the migration to the WKWebView engine for iOS, and I made a fork of cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine that adds the ability to accept self-signed certificates.
I'm not an iOS developer, it was the first time I was touching some Objective-C code, but my patch is vastly inspired from what was done in Oracle's cordova-plugin-wkwebview-file-xhr.
We needed this feature because our developers test our mobile app along with a server instance hosted on there workstation, and this local instance uses self-signed certificates.

I was thinking of creating a pull request on the official cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine to share this feature with the community since I could see a lot of people asking how to do it, please let me know if it's something that you would like me to do so.
Our fork is currently in one of our private repositories.

Cheers
Julien

RE: Hello Cordova team

Posted by Julien Lamure <ju...@nexjhealth.com>.
Hi everyone,

@Brian: Thanks for the info, I'll upgrade it then.

@Chris: I'll create the PR on cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine today since it's the one I originally modified and tested, then I'll try to do the same with cordova-ios@6 once our project will be upgraded to use this version.

Thank you
Julien

Posted by Bryan Ellis <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Julian,