Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com> on 2008/07/03 05:35:33 UTC

How to disable Window State for a portlet

Hi all,

    Can I disable the window state for a portlet in J2.1.3 ?
    I have a page with one single portlet, so I don't want user to swith the
window state (maximized, minimized).

    and I've another question about window state, in this page the portlet
allow merge the parameters,
    but when user click the window state button, the link of window state
without the parameters, so
    the portlet can't render the right content with window state link! how
can I solute this problem ?
    turn off the window state button is my first idea, but I don't know how
to do!

Bon

Re: How to disable Window State for a portlet

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@onehippo.com>.
ah, so you need to be able to both set the window state and still
"remember" the request parameters which were used in rendering the page.
You can probably solve this in the decorator too, by appending the
request parameters after the windowState link?

Dennis

Bon wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
>     The problem about the merged parameters is some portlets I have set
> merging request parameters
>     in jetspeed-portlet.xml in my portlet application, the portlet can be
> render difference content by
>     value of request parameters or some other using ways; but the link of
> window states without
>     those request parameters so when user click window state links, but the
> protlet can not render
>     right content without request parameters.
>
>     I try to disable the window state links to solute this problem, but some
> portlets should be with window
>     state links, but those links will not be functional in this case! how
> can I solute this problem?
>
>     thank you for tell me about the decorator.vm, I'll try it to find the
> way to disable the window
>     state.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bon
>

> Dennis Dam-2 wrote:
>
>> Bon,
>>
>>  I think you can disable the windowState *links* in the decorator of a
>> portlet (<portal dir>/decorations/portlet/<decorator>/decorator.vm.
>>
>> I don't understand though what the problem is with the merged
>> parameters? Can you explain it in more detail ?
>>
>> HTH
>> Dennis
>> --
>> Hippo
>>
>> d.dam@onehippo.com
>>
>> Amsterdam - Hippo B.V. Oosteinde 11 1017 WT Amsterdam +31(0)20-5224466
>> San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
>> 94952-3329 +1 (707) 773-4646
>>
>> www.onehippo.com info@onehippo.com

Hippo

d.dam@onehippo.com

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Can you give an use-case for  "merging request parameter" ?

I still didn't under-stand your issue.

Regards
Vivek kumar

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Bon <bo...@unipattern.com> wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
>    The problem about the merged parameters is some portlets I have set
> merging request parameters
>    in jetspeed-portlet.xml in my portlet application, the portlet can be
> render difference content by
>    value of request parameters or some other using ways; but the link of
> window states without
>    those request parameters so when user click window state links, but the
> protlet can not render
>    right content without request parameters.
>
>    I try to disable the window state links to solute this problem, but some
> portlets should be with window
>    state links, but those links will not be functional in this case! how
> can I solute this problem?
>
>     thank you for tell me about the decorator.vm, I'll try it to find the
> way to disable the window
>    state.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bon
>

> Dennis Dam-2 wrote:
> >
> > Bon,
> >
> >  I think you can disable the windowState *links* in the decorator of a
> > portlet (<portal dir>/decorations/portlet/<decorator>/decorator.vm.
> >
> > I don't understand though what the problem is with the merged
> > parameters? Can you explain it in more detail ?
> >
> > HTH
> > Dennis
> > --
> > Hippo
> >
> > d.dam@onehippo.com
> >
> > Amsterdam - Hippo B.V. Oosteinde 11 1017 WT Amsterdam +31(0)20-5224466
> > San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
> > 94952-3329 +1 (707) 773-4646
> >
> > www.onehippo.com info@onehippo.com

Regards & thanks
Vivek Kumar

firevelocity@gmail.com

Re: How to disable Window State for a portlet

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@onehippo.com>.
Bon,