Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/11/23 22:17:48 UTC

[lang][codec] Test Matrix [WAS:Sanity checking a client project b uild]

How about something like:

Example:
http://cvs.apache.org/~ggregory/test-platforms/docs/test-platforms.example.x
ml

XML Schema:
http://cvs.apache.org/~ggregory/test-platforms/test-platforms.xsd

XML Schema docs:
http://cvs.apache.org/~ggregory/test-platforms/docs/test-platforms.html

The XML could in turn be turned in HTML by a Maven doo-dad.
?

Gary

Re: [lang][codec] Test Matrix [WAS:Sanity checking a client project build]

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Gary Gregory wrote:
> How about something like:
>
> Example:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~ggregory/test-platforms/docs/test-platforms.example.x
> ml
>
> XML Schema:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~ggregory/test-platforms/test-platforms.xsd
>
> XML Schema docs:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~ggregory/test-platforms/docs/test-platforms.html
>
> The XML could in turn be turned in HTML by a Maven doo-dad.
> ?
>
> Gary

Cool!  Might want to add a placeholder for more OS info than just OS
name and version (build number, patch level, service pack, etc.) and, if
we use the same schema for performance tests, machine characteristics.

What would really nice would be some way to gather at least the basic
info and generate the xml as part of the test process, so folks could
post xml test reports and we could merge them into the site docs
somehow. I guess step 0 is to get the schema defined for the test reports.

What are you using to generate this stuff?

Phil