Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2016/07/01 11:27:12 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-60: Make Java client class loading more flexible

I would like to initiate the voting process for KIP-60 (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-60+-+Make+Java+client+classloading+more+flexible).
This is a simple set of changes that are fully compatible with the existing
class loading in Kafka and enables Java clients to be run in
multi-classloader environments including OSGi.

Thank you...

Regards,

Rajini

Re: [VOTE] KIP-60: Make Java client class loading more flexible

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hi all,

The vote has passed with 3 binding +1s and 1 non-binding +1. Many thanks to
those who voted. If you do have any more comments or suggestions, please do
add them.

I will update the KIP page and rebase the PR.

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <ka...@harsha.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1 (non binding)
Edoardo Comar
MQ Cloud Technologies
ecomar@uk.ibm.com
+44 (0)1962 81 5576
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number
741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6
3AU

From:   Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   01/07/2016 12:27
Subject:        [VOTE] KIP-60: Make Java client class loading more
flexible

I would like to initiate the voting process for KIP-60 (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-60+-+Make+Java+client+classloading+more+flexible
).
This is a simple set of changes that are fully compatible with the
existing
class loading in Kafka and enables Java clients to be run in
multi-classloader environments including OSGi.

Thank you...

Regards,

Rajini

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [VOTE] KIP-60: Make Java client class loading more flexible

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1

-Jay

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Rajini Sivaram <rajinisivaram@googlemail.com