Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by "panqingcui@163.com" <pa...@163.com> on 2014/12/15 09:52:10 UTC

Accumulo Map Reduce

Hi:
There are several problems on MapReduce
1、I wanted to know more about the Accumulo Map Reduce is a specific function is to achieve what function? Use in what time?

 2、I want to do a MapReduce test in the local, there is always wrong. MapReduce write their own should be how to run the test?
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information

panqingcui@163.com

Re: Accumulo Map Reduce

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Accumulo provides an AccumuloInputFormat which allows Accumulo to be
the source of data for a MapReduce job. We also provide a few
OutputFormat implementations, the easiest to use being the
AccumuloOutputFormat which will use BatchWriters to write mutations
that you generate into Accumulo. You can look at
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/1.6/examples/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/examples/simple/mapreduce/TeraSortIngest.java
for an end-to-end example of a MapReduce job.

If you're trying to run your MapReduce job in local mode and getting a
ConnectException, it sounds like you're not actually running in local
mode as you expect. Can you provide more information as to what you're
actually invoking? Also, are you using Hadoop 1 or Hadoop 2?