Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Samit Paul <sp...@ipcelerate.com> on 2005/06/16 17:29:30 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.3 / JDK 1.4.2_04-b05

Hi,
Can somebody help me find out how my tomcat is dying. As far as I know it's
not triggered by any url access or memory leak or stack overflow. It dies on
it's own( I guess). Is there any kind of hook I can provide that will tell
me when it dies? If this subject is already covered , please atleat point me
there.
Thanks,
Samit

Re: Tomcat 3.2.3 / JDK 1.4.2_04-b05

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Samit Paul" <sp...@ipcelerate.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can somebody help me find out how my tomcat is dying. As far as I know
> it's
> not triggered by any url access or memory leak or stack overflow. It dies
> on
> it's own( I guess). Is there any kind of hook I can provide that will tell
> me when it dies? If this subject is already covered , please atleat point
> me
> there.

Well, as I remember, tomcat dying on 3.2.3 was one of it's major features
;-).

This was one of the major reasons for the re-designs in both TC 3.3.x and TC
4.x.  Unless you think that you look distinguished after pulling all of your
hair out, I'd strongly suggest upgrading ;-).