Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/03/29 09:58:37 UTC

Staging Another Candidate for Rat 0.9 [WAS Re: Issue with orgapachecreadur-019]

On 03/28/13 10:17, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 03/26/13 20:37, sebb wrote:
>> On 26 March 2013 12:18, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I'm less sure about the best approach to numbering this new
>>> candidate. (In
>>> the past, I've cut release candidates first. Even with a staging
>>> repository
>>> this would have been sensible.) I lean towards 0.9.1, eliminating any
>>> risk
>>> that two signed 0.9 could escape into the wild.
>>>
>>> Opinions? Objections? Suggestions?
>>
>> Not sure you need to worry about the files escaping from the staging
>> repo - that's part of the point, they are not yet published files.
>> So long as you delete the repo they won't be published.
>
> Yes, now that the repo has been dropped, escape is unlikely
>
> I'm comfortable with either trying a 0.9 again or cutting a 0.9.1
>
> Is there consensus that trying again to cut a 0.9 release would be the
> best approach?

Assuming no one jumps in sometime soon, I'll assume lazy consensus[1]
for staging a second Apache Rat 0.9 candidate.

Robert
[1] http://community.apache.org/committers/consensusBuilding.html

orgapachecreadur-039 [Re: Staging Another Candidate for Rat 0.9]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 03/30/13 09:27, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 03/29/13 08:58, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>> On 03/28/13 10:17, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>> On 03/26/13 20:37, sebb wrote:
>
> <snip>

>>> Yes, now that the repo has been dropped, escape is unlikely
>>>
>>> I'm comfortable with either trying a 0.9 again or cutting a 0.9.1
>>>
>>> Is there consensus that trying again to cut a 0.9 release would be the
>>> best approach?
>>
>> Assuming no one jumps in sometime soon, I'll assume lazy consensus[1]
>> for staging a second Apache Rat 0.9 candidate.
>
> Okay - I plan to cut a second Apache Rat 0.9 candidate now

Done

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecreadur-039/

Please feel free to take a look. I'll have a poke around, and if it
looks okay I'll move towards a VOTE tomorrow.

Robert

Re: Staging Another Candidate for Rat 0.9 [WAS Re: Issue with orgapachecreadur-019]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 03/29/13 08:58, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 03/28/13 10:17, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

<snip>