Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by dion <di...@multitask.com.au> on 2002/01/27 06:01:44 UTC

Nightly taglibs build (was [Fwd: Re: Updating project websites])

Hi,

I'm currently working on Latka over in jakarta-commons, and as you can
see below, someone has let the cat out of the bag about taglib's nightly
documentation build.

I was hoping to get something similar going for Commons.

If anyone has info on how it's done, or a pointer to the docs, I'd be
more than happy.

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
I do the nightly build for jakarta-taglibs on my system where I work
using a crontab which then scp's the content generated for the website
to daedalus.apache.org.

It generates the nightly build snapshots and updates the jakarta.apache.org/taglibs site.
This is done using a shell script, but the documentation is built from CVS
with an ant build target which styles XML.  We also have a common
standardized build/documentation system each taglib can use or extend.
Along with an ant target to create a new taglib in the project from templates.

The only docs would be

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/addtaglib.html

which should give you an idea about what we are doing.
Other than that you would have to checkout jakarta-taglibs from cvs
and look around.

Glenn