Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 21:44:15 UTC

[Studio] What about the 'application' directory ?

Hi Stefan,

any idea what shall we do with the 'application' directory ?

Thanks !

Re: [Studio] What about the 'application' directory ?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
> let's delete it then !
Done.

Re: [Studio] What about the 'application' directory ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/03/15 22:41, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> any idea what shall we do with the 'application' directory ?
> They are still on my cleanup list:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1025

Ok.

> Most of them can be deleted. Those worth for keeping (and migrating) are
> the *dmg and *exe, if we want to provide "installers" for Mac and
> Windows. The current Tycho build only generates tar.gz for Mac and zip
> for Windows. I'm not sure if it is worth to create those installers. A
> user dealing with LDAP should be able to unpack a tgz or zip. And next
> Tycho version
> (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Issues_related_to_Mac_App_installations)
> should allow generation of a real "App" for Mac ;)

We can wait for that.

> So I think we can delete the folder, I created a branch of the old build
> so we can get back the stuff anytime later.
>
> What do you think?
let's delete it then !

Re: [Studio] What about the 'application' directory ?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 03/31/2015 09:44 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> any idea what shall we do with the 'application' directory ?

They are still on my cleanup list:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1025

Most of them can be deleted. Those worth for keeping (and migrating) are
the *dmg and *exe, if we want to provide "installers" for Mac and
Windows. The current Tycho build only generates tar.gz for Mac and zip
for Windows. I'm not sure if it is worth to create those installers. A
user dealing with LDAP should be able to unpack a tgz or zip. And next
Tycho version
(https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Issues_related_to_Mac_App_installations)
should allow generation of a real "App" for Mac ;)

So I think we can delete the folder, I created a branch of the old build
so we can get back the stuff anytime later.

What do you think?

Kind Regards,
Stefan