Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au> on 2007/01/06 12:46:31 UTC

jsr88 - ModuleConfigurer - still some classpath problems

Hi,

The online deployer, e.g. deployer.jar, needs to have geronimo-deploy-
config along with all the modules providing an implementation of this
interface added as MANIFEST ClassPath entries. It seems to me that to
have the relevant geonimo-*-builder is not so great: builders are
executed server side and actually install something on the server. It
seems to me that ModuleConfigurers are intended to be used
disconnected from the server during the configuration stage of
modules. So, perhaps that ModuleConfigurers should be move to their
own module in order to make that a little bit clearer. As you are
working on this David J., I would like to know if this makes sense or
if you have a better idea.

Thanks,
Gianny