Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by en...@free.fr on 2004/01/22 15:50:50 UTC

Actions+SourceResolver

Hello,

How can I resolve the location of the file when configuring an action (in the
configure() method)? Should I use a SourceResolver?

Re: Actions+SourceResolver

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 23.01.2004 10:37, enrico.maccias@free.fr wrote:

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>How can I resolve the location of the file when configuring an action (in
>>the configure() method)? Should I use a SourceResolver?
>>>

> So, how do I get a SourceResolver instance in the configure().
> Use a ServiceableAction and ask the manager? but does the service()
> method really get called before configure() ?
>
> any other direct solution?

http://avalon.apache.org/framework/principals/lifecycle.html for the
order of the method calls (= lifecycle).

Don't resolve it configure()? Why do you want to do it there? It should
just *configure* the action. You get a source resolver in the act() method:

public Map act (Redirector redirector, *SourceResolver resolver*, Map
objectModel, String src, Parameters par) throws Exception {
}

Joerg

Re: Actions+SourceResolver

Posted by en...@free.fr.
Quoting Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>:

> Can't see a reply... so:

hahaha :). good guy...

> enrico.maccias@free.fr wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >

> >How can I resolve the location of the file when configuring an action (in
> the
> >configure() method)? Should I use a SourceResolver?
> >

> Yes.

So, how do I get a SourceResolver instance in the configure().
Use a ServiceableAction and ask the manager? but does the service()
method really get called before configure() ?

any other direct solution?

regards

Re: Actions+SourceResolver

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Can't see a reply... so:

enrico.maccias@free.fr wrote:

>Hello,
>

>How can I resolve the location of the file when configuring an action (in the
>configure() method)? Should I use a SourceResolver?

Yes.

Upayavira