Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Ching, James" <si...@corp.earthlink.net> on 2000/01/31 19:59:44 UTC

Compiling libxerces-c1_0.so

I downloaded Xerces-C-src_1_0_1 (XML parser for C++) and compiled it on
Solaris 2.6 with gcc 2.8.1.

I can successfully link the resulting shared library with the debug flag
turned on
% runConfigure -p solaris -c gcc -x g++ -d

Yet once I remove the "-d" flag, I got a list of linking errors on symbols
referenced
not found.  Does anyone had the similar problem?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

James

Re: Compiling libxerces-c1_0.so

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
James,
I'm not sure why you're getting those linking errors. We over here also use
solaris 2.6 with gcc 2.8.1. And I've been compiling most of the time with out
-d option but don't get any linking problems.
Did you have you LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to the right directories of system
libraries?
What were the linking errors? Can you paste them up here?

Arundhati