Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com> on 2012/08/07 18:59:54 UTC

New features for Pivot 2.1

Hi all,
   I opened a JIRA issue for a proposed enhancement for the 2.1 release which we need in our product for some upcoming features (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-864).  I intend to start working on this feature in "trunk".  This will be the first major difference between the current release 2.0.x branch and the "trunk" code.  I promise not to break the builds, but some things may be partly done for a while until I get everything worked out.  I will test as thoroughly as I can before committing to make sure that nothing is broken.  And I will add design documents to the JIRA issue as I go along describing what I'm doing.
   If anyone has comments or suggestions about this feature, let me know.  And please feel free to comment on the design, especially if you see me going awry in some way ;)

Thanks,
~Roger Whitcomb

Re: New features for Pivot 2.1

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,
for me it's Ok, go with your changes ...

Only a thing, to simplify our merge of fix from 2.0.x, could you wait
to make changes to it until we resolve existing issues on
FileBrowser/Sheet ?
If you can, tell me and I can link 2.0.x issues with this, and start
to work on them with high priority :-) .

Bye